Translate

Monday, September 22, 2008

Arizona in the Fall

My trip out west began by my plane arriving safely in Arizona on September 20, 2008. The cactus desert look and over 100 degree temperature for the week was clear enough evidence to me that I was no longer in Michigan. I attended a missions conference at Lakeside Baptist Church on Sunday through Tuesday. Pastor Crichton announced that fall in Arizona is where the landscape changes from brown to browner and not like the fall colors that we would see in Michigan. I have enjoyed the opportunity to share my testimony and calling into missions at the church potluck and presenting our field to Peru on Tuesday. It is a very friendly church with a love for God that is evident in their worship and service attitude. It has been good to once again be with the McCombie's (BIMI west coast representative) and Montano's (missionaries to Mexico). I am anticipating God to continue to work at this church in a mighty way. Please pray for them as they celebrate their four year anniversary next week and are currently seeking to purchase land and build a church building. They are renting space at a science center until that time. They are looking to increase their faith promise this year to be able to add more missionaries to the already twelve that they support.

No comments: