Translate

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Honking your car horn!




We have just spent a little over a week near New York City where we heard many horns honking for many different reasons. My son Matthew who sits in the rear facing seat in the back of our station-wagon, asked why so many had to honk their horns in the city. After explaining the many reasons ranging from people in a hurry, awareness, and rudeness, he asked if people would stop honking unless for a worthwhile reason. We have even seen those who hold up sign saying Honk if you love Jesus or some other cause. After completion of presentations in churches in the New York area, we made our way to a Florida Missions Conference. On the way, I found myself in a position in which I needed to use my horn to alert a lady, driving a big SUV, who came into our lane on the highway in order to pass a semi truck. I had to go into the shoulder off the road in order to avoid an accident. God once again provided safety and I was able to explain to my son the proper use of the horn on the car.



We use the horn on the car just like many people use their voices to bring awareness of something to others. How are you using your voice? Are we being heard using our speech to bring awareness to a lost and dying world about a Saviour? Spread the Word; Jesus Saves!



Honk if your have to but let it be heard.



No comments: