Translate

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Jon's amazon ministry trip (part 1)

I (Jon) was invited to take an Amazon ministry trip into the northern jungle of Peru. I flew from Andahuaylas to Lima where I spent two days at the deaf ministry EFATA, got a doctors check-up, and met with our lawyer over visa stickers. I than flew from the coast of Lima to the jungle of Pucallpa. I  spent time with Pastor Henry and visited the Posner Family at the Kids Alive facilities.

 Pastor Henry was able to show me a few tourist spots in the area. We took a boat out to see some of the jungle sights.

 This animal is called "majas" and I was able to eat one that night.
 I was also able to eat crocodile and wild pig on this trip.

 This black monkey was very friendly as others types were not so friendly at times.


 I haven't lost my appetite for adventure as I wrapped this anaconda around myself.
 Other videos show the snake crawling all around.

As we visited the market area, I took videos and photos of merchants killing chickens to sell.
I was able to preach twice at the church in Pucallpa where two people responded to the messages and received Christ as their Saviour. 







I was met by Markos Lindsey a few days later in Pucallpa to travel together to other jungle areas. Instead of boarding an embarkment ship that would have taken four days, we decided to stay in Pucallpa and assist Pastor Henry with his water tank, pump, and water leak in his bathroom and take an airplane to our next destination (Iquitos).

No comments: