Translate

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Survey Missions trip to Huancavelica

While traveling in the Andes Mountains we encounter mud slides and difficult terrain. I praise the Lord for His safety while traveling. I was able to visit Huancavelica and see many smaller villages along the way. I was once again reminded of the need of more laborers for the Lord who would preach the Gospel and start up churches in these areas. 




 A typical cemetery with tombs on the top of the ground in the mountain villages.

 I many times need to stop my car for the local farmers with their animals using the road. It's also funny when I use my car horn that makes animal sounds.


 Just traveled the curves of these mountains.

 It's difficult to explain and the picture doesn't give it justice to the beauty of the mountains and their valleys.







 It is close to Easter time and the town is celebrating the catholic ceremonies by marching up and down the streets with religious floats and band music.

 It's rare to see an old folks home in the mountains of Peru. Pictured below is a big building that offers care for the elderly.




Huancavelica is a needy area without a Baptist church. Please pray that God would send someone to minister in this town.

No comments: