Translate

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Meeting and Greeting in Oxapampa

I was invited to participate in the funeral of a Christian in town. It was good to observe the customs of the area that differ from the mountain towns. 

 I had the chance to visit the town museum and understand better the history of the making of Oxapampa.

 I spent time observing and meeting people at the different gathering places in town.
 An invitation was sent to all Christian churches in the eight surrounding districts to meet in Oxapampa for the purpose of teaching how to use curriculum and materials sent from the Billy Graham ministries to evangelize. I was invited to introduce myself and got a chance to fellowship with surrounding pastors and teachers.


 It was a blessing to see over 100 leaders come to the meeting and to fellowship with them. Some travelled hours to be there to receive the free materials.
 Chicken foot soup was served along with other special Peruvian food.

 I was invited to celebrate birthday parties and different activities.


 Fried guinee-pig and fish are just two other food plates offered in this area.

 I was invited to preach in Villa Rica and enjoyed taking some new friends with me to visit different sights along the way.


 I appreciated the invites to visit different homes for "lunche" which is like British tea time to fellowship that takes place a couple hours after a big lunch. I noticed that many like to use their wood burning stoves.




No comments: