Translate

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Survey trip to Oxapampa

It was now time for Jon to drive to Oxapampa and survey the area that we believe God wants us to start a new church. It's a dangerous time to travel during the rainy season which causes many landslides. Nisha and the girls flew to Cusco and waited with fellow missionaries (the Ricker Family) who were watching our dog until Jon found a house and got things prepared. 

 I, Jon, arrived in Huancayo safely to check on our house items in storage and to drop off some items. I was delayed there for a couple of days due to a tunnel collapse and the road to Oxapampa being  blocked. It provided a good opportunity to visit a service at our last church established in Huancayo and fellowship with our friends. Thank you to all who made me feel so welcomed and invited me to fellowship with them.



 It didn't take long before our new vehicle was being used to transport people and be a blessing.
 The Huancayo center plaza brought back many memories.




 I had begun my drive to Oxapampa when I received word that it was possible to get through the blocked roads. The passage around the collapsed tunnel was only open for two hours each day as well as waiting in other areas for them to clear the roads. We praise God for safety while traveling.




No comments: